Tableau is one of the world’s fastest evolving data visualisation and business intelligence tool for a data expert. It is used by a variety of enterprises as it is easy to learn, fast to deploy and extremely intuitive to use for a consumer.
If you are a beginner with tableau and trying to learn it in a structured approach, then you have landed at the right place. Below are some tips that can help you in becoming a tableau expert in no time. Read on.
Tableau as of now offers five products that cater to the diverse visualisation needs of individuals and organisations. They are:
- Tableau Desktop: Made for personal use
- Tableau Online: Developed to use business intelligence online on cloud
- Reader: Allows you to read the files available on Tableau desktop
- Tableau Server: Collaboration within or for the organisation
- Tableau Public: Allows you to publish interactive data online
Tableau provides you with free training videos and resources, to begin with, it. These resources can help you in connecting data, building views, dashboards, ways to distribute data and many other things. However, if you still have any problems in understanding how to start, you can take Tableau training in Delhi, Gurgaon or Noida. By taking this training course, you will be able to understand the basics of Tableau comprehensively by subject experts.
Connect with data
Tableau can connect with different data sources such as excel file, text, databases and even big data queries so after the basics come the advanced features of data connectivity with various sources. In this, you can look for data blending, Join types, Connection with cubes, SQL, and Google Analytics.
Start Analysing and Creating views
Tableau has a multitude of options that represent data in different views. It also allows applying filters, formatting, creating sets, generating trend lines and performing forecasting properly.
After this one dilemma that you might face is that while creating data visualization sets which object you should choose to represent data.
Now that you have an idea on data connectivity, visualization and views creation in Tableau. It is time to get your hands dirty with data and generate inferences using various methods for visualization. You should start exploring datasets visually using Tableau and unhide hidden trends.
- Join Online Communities
After beginning practices, you must join online communities of Tableau. It will help you in enhancing your knowledge, get answers to complicated questions and get expert tips from leaders of Tableau. Some of these resources are:
- Tableau Community: It has forums, ideas, Viz Talks, workbook library and groups. In the ideas section, you can also provide insights on how to improve products at Tableau.
- Tableau Social Networking Pages: Facebook and LinkedIn have some amazing groups where experts answer questions and provide tips to better use Tableau.
- Blogs: By reading blogs online you can get an idea on new changes in the software. You can also get simplified descriptions of difficult problems on online blogs.
Start Using Advance Visualization Methods
Tableau has a variety of features to create advanced visualisations. You can generate advanced charts in Tableau with some of the properties of different objects. Some of the most used advanced visualisation methods that can help you in representing data in a better manner are:
- Bump Charts
- Waterfall Charts
- Funnel Charts
- Pareto Charts
- Start Using Tableau Server and Tableau online
So, by using Tableau Server and Tableau Online, you can time different tasks and provide authorisation to enable security of data. This will help you in developing dashboards.
In the end, you can say that learning Tableau is no child’s play. However, if you follow the tips provided above, you can become a subject expert in no time. Moreover, if you still have a problem in using it correctly, you can take Tableau training in Delhi at PST Analytics and become an expert.