Round Trip Time (RTT) is basically the time it takes for a signal to be sent including the length of time it takes for acknowledgement of the signal received. So, this is the time that consists of propagation times between two point signals. Now, we will implement it in python for data science.
We can determine the RTT to and from an IP address by pinging that address. The result will depend on several factors.
- The rate at which there is transfer of data of source’s internet connection.
- The nature of the transmission medium.
- The physical distance which is present between the source and destination.
- The number of nodes present between the source and the destination.
- The traffic on the LAN to which the end-user is to connect.
- The number of other requests which are being handle by intermediate nodes and remote server.
- The speed with which the intermediate node and remote server functions.
- The presence of the interference in the circuit.